Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some more Pics Feb 11 2007

Some interesting Mexican architecture.

Death is never far away on Mexican roads.. This is about the most humble roadside monument

I have seen, some are mighty.

On the road to Pueto Azuel then Accapulco.

This is the ´love hotel´ pretty fancy eh!

TAME! Saltwater crocodile is the main attraction for diners at this beach cafe. The brave tourists even swim in the ocean at the beach behind. There a heaps of very big Salties in this stream but they dont always stay there... I did not swim there.










Typical Malaque street My hotel is the white building in the distance.







This is the beach behind my hotel in Malaque. (not actually the pic I was trying to download but you get the general idea)

5 comments:

Paul said...

Hmmm... I have heard a rather different definition of "Love Hotel" :-) P

Paul said...

Is the saltwater crocodile on the menu??

Aussief4s said...

Ian,
Fantastic stuff. I regularly (about twice a day) check to see what you're up to. Sounds like you're enjoying the trip even though it's taking longer than expected. Don't put time pressures on yourself, just enjoy the experience of being there. Glad to hear the BM's running OK. My lot agree with you in that Paul does have the coolest job in the world. Certainly beats crawling around inside Hydro Turbines which is what I'm doing at the moment. Keep up the good blogging work.
James

Peter L said...

G'Day Ian,
We love your photos of Mexican Architecture, and laughed at your misfortune at the Love Hotel !
- Will be watching your posts with interest,
Peter & Annette

Richo's ravings said...

great, now I have worked out how to leave a comment!
That's nothing, you should see the view from where I am!!!!
Chaotic city? have you experienced the traffic on Sandy Bay Road at 8.15? Ugly real estate?, nuh! the Iranian wins hands down!!!
Wild life? have you been into the Mall lately?
just reminding you of what you are missing! Seriously, great stuff Baby,live life and enjoy! Vicariously yours, Helen XXXX