Monday, February 5, 2007

One week later

It is taking way too long to do this, took an hour for that previous one.. so Ill cut this short..
I am currently deep in the heart of Mexico. Place called Tepic, about half way down on the west coast.

I love it, very different place to Australia, iindeed very different to the USA... I had had just about enough of huge freeways, giganting shopping centres you need a car to drive between the shops, in the car park, they are so big.

Strangely Mexico reminded me of home, I felt at ease as soon as I hit the place. Everything is human scale. They have main streets with shops in them, and the roads are two way and dangerous as hell just like at home. The locals are on the whole friendly though not all that interested in another gringo on a motorcycle... some are pretty impressed with the size of it but... as am I.

It is very comfortable, and amazingly econonomical.. 59mpg yesterday.
The big tank was worth the nearly weeks wait, gives me a range of nearly 600 km I think. Cant sit on it that long thats for sure.

The fist night in Mexico I stayed in a reasonable motel well off the street, woke around midnight to an unusual high pitched clamour, I thought it must be a disco I haddnt noticed something. Upon investigation, I found it was the entire under 25 male population of the town, in a traffic jam in the the main street, with their stereos turned up full, playing melodic Mexican mustic.. That first day was fun..

The last three days have all been exciting, to various degrees... but no trouble as predicted by nearly every American I spoke too, most of whom asked if I would be 'packin heat'.

Ill just put up a few pics for now, time to go and find a street burrito.

Cant get the pics to download at the moment will try again soon.

No comments: