Monday, February 5, 2007

Jan 29/30







Blogging with a Spanish language blog page is tricky... Just lost the fist attempt at this due to pressing the wrong button.




On Sunday Paul and Nadine took me to their favourite place, The Grand Canyon, to do their favorite thing, clambering down impossibly steep, ice covered paths, then clambering back up them. I think the whole idea is to EXPERIENCE the G C rather than just looking at it. Well I experienced it, so did my calves, and my thighs.... Great experience P and N, thanks so much. Thats them in the top pic, still looking happy despite the slippery climb.




Monday morning I rang Mar, "hows the bike" "well man , all finished, perfect ready to go! except for the tank"... I decided to stay with P and N one more day, to give Mar a chance to change the tank..




Paul has the best job in the world, and a few others for that matter. Amonst many things, he controlls some of the cameras on the Mars Rover, like on Mars!!!! I sat and looked over his shoulder whilst he did it. Amazing stuff.. what an experience. Thanks again for that Paul.. Come to Australia sometime I,ll show you how I draw pipes.


Top Pic, is Paul operating cam on Mars...




Got out of Flagstaff about one hour before the snow started which lasted two days... drove through quite a heavy snow shower, but fotunately it mostly left me alone. Got back to San Diego (8 h drive( got the bike rego-ed and insured all in one hectic day.
..

No comments: